Cheap livestock in St. Pete

Vpham97

Premium Member
Rock N Reef in St. Pete recently received new shipments and they're selling Firefish goby for $5.95. I'm going to rearrange my tank this weekend b4 buying their clams. Their cheap margarita snails mowed down my 1/2 inch long hair algae in no time (back plastic wall.)

-Vin

Thanks for letting us know Vin, that's a unique LFS, I use to go there a lot back in the day. This was the store we did a BBQ/"showcase" at a short while ago.

I drop by there every week. One day I'll take pictures of the metallic stuff I got from them (peachy orange scolly, frogspawn.) Please leave the cheap metallic stuff for me :) to help support the economy!
Kevin has been great to deal with & they have been responsible in advising me to stop buying so much livestock at once for my little 25 gallon tank.

Last edited:
Can you get margarita snails at any other lfs? I have a hair alge problem and I've never heard of them. Closest ones to me would be creative aquariums and marine warehouse. Cc and faois are about 25 or 30 min drive.

I have seen margarita at other stores such as St. Pete Marine. Should've taken picture of the green algae patch versus clean black plastic wall paths cleared by margarita snails.
My red leg hermits from FAIOS also help to clean up algae too.

Great now i am just going to have to go ther tomorrow and see what they have. o well i needed to talk to eric anyway. but now i may just have to buy some stuff. any one going tomorrow around say noon or 1 pm?

Back