Cheap MH bulbs

You get what you pay for. And I'm not just snubbing my nose at them. I bought 2 sets over the years, one set worked OK. The second round I bought them the color shifted almost immediately and one of the bulbs stop working after about two weeks. I was tempted to give them another try just recently. But I decided I would just invest in a set of radium's because that's what I've had in the past and that's what seems to work the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

try Plusrite bulbs, they are inexpensive. If you google search you can find some reviews. I tried the 14k DE and they were to yellow. Check out SOSlightbulbs, one of the cheaper sites for the name brand stuff

Fwiw, plusrites were the ones I had. Got them from 1000bulbs.com. I always bought 20k. 3 were about right color wise, 1 was too yellow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

the Odyssea 250W DE on an M80 ballast is actually pretty blue for a $12 bulb. Don't know if Odyssea makes a SE bulb. No too many people are running halides so many of the bulb threads are old. I am running Pheonix 14K and may try some Ushio 20K before I rip the pendants out and go back to T5/LED

Back