cheato not growing

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14188789#post14188789 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JPSKI25
I'm gonna tag along because I have the same issue! My chaeto isn't dying it just will not grow. ph-8.0 sg-1.025 ammon-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0 I do not have a quality tester of phosphate other than the API which always comes up-0

I have the same problem or no problem. I've noticed my Halimeda Algae wont grow either and a year ago it was lush.

This all happened after I added a ton well actually 1/2 ton of LR to my system.

Bill

Does anyone consider low iron to cause this problem? Low iron inhibits growth of plants. ?Is there a reliable supplement or test?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14204100#post14204100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whaledriver
Does anyone consider low iron to cause this problem? Low iron inhibits growth of plants. ?Is there a reliable supplement or test?

There is a supplement by Kent but i think it is just another scam. no test (for salt) so it is going to be pretty much useless. IMO if it doesn't die just leave it, slowing down really isn't going to do any harm unless it starts to die or cyano covers it

i got the nw 110 on a 60 gal want to see how much i can get it to pull. for the cheato you guys could try switching your light to a plant growing light...
Matt

Back