cheato over taking fuge

reefhustler

lately i've been throwing it away, but im not to sure what to do with it. would it be worth it to bag it up and sell it? not to sure on a fair pricing or even how to ship.

+1 on giving it away. I trim mine at least once a month, throw it in a huge ziplock bag and give it away. Let someone else make use of it.

If your going to sell it, just trade for a frag.

I've seen people sell it for $5/ziploc baggie. So pretty much free, definitely not worth shipping.

i'm not really looking to make a profit off of it, just enough to get a new frag. if someone was willing to trade a frag i would be fine with that too.

if i was gonna go the shipping route, could use priority flat rate?

Most local reef clubs will give away chaeto to other members. Then when there are some extra frags, the guy that got you the chaeto might be first on the giveaway list.

Never toss it in the ditch, toilet or storm sewer. If it's getting thrown out, freeze it overnight and throw the sealed frozen bag into your household trash.

Jeff

Most local reef clubs will give away chaeto to other members. Then when there are some extra frags, the guy that got you the chaeto might be first on the giveaway list.

Never toss it in the ditch, toilet or storm sewer. If it's getting thrown out, freeze it overnight and throw the sealed frozen bag into your household trash.

Jeff

i've always thrown it out behind my trees, it it really that bad to do?

but if any ohio members are close to the 937 area i'd be willing to give away over a half gallon bag for free.

i've always thrown it out behind my trees, it it really that bad to do?

but if any ohio members are close to the 937 area i'd be willing to give away over a half gallon bag for free.

not as long as its not getting into any waterways. People sell this stuff in the for sale forums for approximately $15 for a quart sized bag, and yes, priority is fine. Some of us don't have any local reefer buddies to get it for free so we buy it if we have to. At that price you could make $10 a bag which is cool for you. Just make sure you don't have any pests in it, and sell it, there are always people like me who will buy it.

not as long as its not getting into any waterways. People sell this stuff in the for sale forums for approximately $15 for a quart sized bag, and yes, priority is fine. Some of us don't have any local reefer buddies to get it for free so we buy it if we have to. At that price you could make $10 a bag which is cool for you. Just make sure you don't have any pests in it, and sell it, there are always people like me who will buy it.

thanks for the shipping info. i wouldnt consider anything in my refuge a pest unless you hate bristleworms. I also have some giant pods in there that are pushing about 1/2inch, and just really took a good look at my fuge a few mins ago and it looks like i have maybe 100 or more tiny baby stomatella(sp) in there.

Just make sure you don't have any pests in it, and sell it, there are always people like me who will buy it.
And yes, watch for pests. We have one local reefer I wouldn't want any from because of what else is in his tanks. I also have a LFS that sells it as $5 a handful, though they usually pack as much as they can in a decent sized bag so it's like five of my hands. I have never seen chaeto so clean and pure in my life.

I have shipped it, a couple handfuls rolled in a damp paper towel in a Priority box is about $5 to ship, though I've only charged the shipping costs. Tough for me to charge for something somebody once gave me. Pay it forward.

Jeff

Back