Check out the newer Maine Reef Club site...

Yeah, that club is in disarray as well. If something doesn't happen by March, it will be gone.

There is a new Facebook club for Southern Maine Reef Enthusiasts, the guy posted a link on RC the other day.

Steve

Right now there are 3 people following it. I think the guy just set it up this past week.

It's hard to get a club going for the whole state, it's just such a large area.

A Southern Maine club would probably work great............like L/A south. There are a ton of saltwater people in the area, but no organization to group us all together.

Steve

Yeah, his tank was for sale on Craigslist.

MEREEFCLUB is back up after being down for a month. Not sure if the bills were paid or what's going on with it.

Steve

instinct tells me there is enough maine reefers ... so what is it ... not enough maine reefers who visit boards?

I think so, just not enough people in the hobby who are online. Along with the fact of no advertising, and a lack of stores in the state to promote any type of club or forum.

13-14 years ago when I first joined here, I could understand the lack of people online. But now the internet is everywhere, everyone has it either at home, work, or on their phones.

Steve

I think so, just not enough people in the hobby who are online. Along with the fact of no advertising, and a lack of stores in the state to promote any type of club or forum.

13-14 years ago when I first joined here, I could understand the lack of people online. But now the internet is everywhere, everyone has it either at home, work, or on their phones.

Steve

I think the maine clubs have gotten a really bad rap over the years. Some deserved and some undeserved. At this point older reefers tend to stay away and like Steve said no local stores to create a hub or even bring in new people. People are out here just need a consistent place to post and start slow.

I think the maine clubs have gotten a really bad rap over the years. Some deserved and some undeserved. At this point older reefers tend to stay away and like Steve said no local stores to create a hub or even bring in new people. People are out here just need a consistent place to post and start slow.

X2. I was skimming through the 24 or so pages of the SWAM forum on here last night. There were a lot of people around several years ago and some good topics. Seems most are gone (or not posting) now.

Would be nice to get some new and old folks back together. I would suggest one forum though. It's hard to keep track of what is going on when there are multiple forums. I belong to a few other fish forums and don't have enough time to keep up with all of them, let alone another Maine one.

Back