Check out this Scoly!

mr86mister

Saltaholic
Good lord. It's nice but not that nice. IMO. I don't know if we will see them go down at all. They seem to be a coral that the "I got to have it" collectors like. Also seems to be a status thing. If you go to a tank with 5 Scoly Australis in their tank you know they have to be rolling in the money.

Jacwil

Honestly, that scoly looks typical of any "bleeding apple" but with that purple interior it's a bit different. Also...that thing is only a wee 2.5"!!!! I've seen these at the lfs for $100.

Paradiddle7

It's definitely different than any I've seen. It has metallic blue around the bottom and coming over the outer lip. Then it has a purple inner ring with metallic blue in the mouth area.

I think it's awesome but not that awesome. I would be a buyer in the $200-300 range for that.

Capt_Cully

For that kind of cash, I'd expect it to have a picture of Jesus' image on it. Or at least the "Scoly Ghost". I kill me.

Do you think we'll see Scoly's come down in price over the next 1-2 years? I want one bad, but I have a hard time spending 300-350 on one coral.
$300-$350-$600(!) for one of these seems ridiculous to me but I doubt you'll see Scolymia/Cynarina come down in price much because they're not propagated in great numbers and they're extremely easy to maintain in a reef aquarium.

Capt_Cully

$300-$350-$600(!) for one of these seems ridiculous to me but I doubt you'll see Scolymia/Cynarina come down in price much because they're not propagated in great numbers and they're extremely easy to maintain in a reef aquarium.

Ha! I killed one. A nice one too!