Chelsey

kpc01

first of all, yes I'm still alive, just soaking up this 70 degree weather every day here in TX!

I recently got a pair of skunk clowns and a carpet and the female is looking pretty fat. Looks like the male was cleaning the rock next to them tonight. just wondering if there is anything special I should do to keep them happy.

Not planning on doing anything if they do lay eggs just yet but want to keep them happy. I know I can read but with school, a baby and everything else its easier to just ask the pro! I also found out its next to impossible to get a good pic of her belly. this link has a few pics I took if you can tell anything

http://picasaweb.google.com/109603293990434601217/1411#

I will get with you later if I decide to try to do anything with them. I think it would be fun but sounds like a lot of work!

Kelly

Hi Kelly!

Glad to hear from you :) Skunks are some of the hardest to get to breed but your female definitely looks gravid! If you see an ovipositor you can count on eggs within ~24 hours. If you feel like trying to get them to lay on a tile you can ship the eggs to me and I'll try and raise them :) If not, I'd be glad to help you...you are correct in thinking that it's a lot of work though!!!

Thanks chelsey, I think I'll see what they do and if I get them going good I may try the tile and getting it to you, or giving it a try myself a little later.

I hope to get some free time this week and do a lot of reading on it too. Isn't it a clay tile I want to use? I'll go ahead and put one in there now to let them get used to it.

Thanks for the info!
Kelly

Just a regular tile like you buy from Lowes or Home Depot will work fine. I'd wash it off pretty well and maybe rinse it in vinegar before putting it in your tank, but those are what I use. Make sure to take lots of pics!

Chelsey

Back