chemi-pure?

Fphipps

i have a 75 gallon tank and i currently use carbon in it. the tank has been running for about 3 days now with no issues. I have read that chemi-pure is recommended for tap water, which i used in my tank because i do not have access to RO water. I do not plan on doing on corals, just fish. my tap water tested 0 for phosphates and copper. all other peramiters are good. just curious as to why chemi pure is popping up alot in place of carbon. thanks.

Chemi pure has been around a long time. All it is activated carbon with a resin in it. It really is not any better than other carbons on the market. Will it remove some impurities that tap water has? Sure but there are a lot of things that it won't remove. Also it is quite expensive for activated carbon to boot. In the end it will be a lot easier and cheaper to use reverse osmosis.

Keep in mind that tap water can vary a lot so that is another reason to consider going with an RO/DI. Just because you measured 0 phosphate and copper today does not mean that you will always register that. Buy an RO unit. You won't regret it.

I agree. I would stick with regular activated carbon. It's cheaper and does the same job, in my opinion.

That's a DI filter. It should work, but it'll be very expensive over time in most places. The cartridges won't last long.

Back