Chili Coral and Yellow Fiji Leather and General Help

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14824996#post14824996 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gothicgirl
not so good...that's what i've been worried about. any tips? how do you move your powerheads around and how do you keep the intake part above water, I have issues dealing with the lid.

I would invest in some koralia power heads---they are reasonalbly priced, come with a really dependable magnet for mounting and you can direct them over a large range.

For your 75 gal you should have a flow rate of 1500 to 3000 gph.

I would mount one of the koralias low in the tank and direct it upwards. This will create a suction flow across the substrate and your coral but not create a sand storm.
Flow across corals that feed from the water column is essential in that is how the food gets to them.

Michael----I don't believe a non photosynthetic coral has to be kept in a cave?? IMO it can be in an area where there is light but increased flow and more contact with the water column.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14829779#post14829779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by capn_hylinur

Michael----I don't believe a non photosynthetic coral has to be kept in a cave?? IMO it can be in an area where there is light but increased flow and more contact with the water column.

:confused:

Back