Chloramine or Chlorine filter ?

depends on the setup but both revove cloramine some do run a extra carbon filter called gac with aids in removal and saving the life of fillters

Mike (mflamb) runs a chloramine filter on his rodi setup. He would be the one to ask about it.

If you are on Hillsborough County water, you need the chloramine filters. I'm not sure of what's in the water in the rest
of the area. Regular carbon will remove chloramine for a short time, like 30-45 days, then it's exhausted.

I have a chloramine test kit. I test once a month. My last 2 chloramine filters lasted about 1800 gallons of water.

I think chloramine is supposed to be worse than chlorine. My understanding is chloramine doesn't dissipate after sitting exposed to the air for a couple days like chlorine does.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12839385#post12839385 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by screamincamaro
I think chloramine is supposed to be worse than chlorine. My understanding is chloramine doesn't dissipate after sitting exposed to the air for a couple days like chlorine does.
that is correct it is a mix of clorine and amonia

It's used because it takes less chloramine than chlorine due to the lack of evaporation.

I bought mine over a year ago, and don't remember where it came from. I did a google search and found it.

i am now gonna invest in a filter...you have me convinced. i am running 2 sediment 2 carbon 150gpd membrane and DI on my unit and i never thought of this. I will get me one as soon as i get some cash flow :)

I use 2 of the chloramine blocks.
DSC00172.jpg

Back