Chloramine RO/DI system advice

blur456

I have verified my local water system does use chloramine. Looking for the proven bang-for-your-buck system. I'll spend the money to get a system that works, but budget is limited. The BRS units were looking nice until the $60 upper for one of their chloramine systems. thanks.

I use a sediment filter, two chloramine filters, sediment, RO membrane, and then DI. If I can kep my pressure up around 60 my TDS before the DI unit unit is 1 to 2 with the incoming water over a 100. Most companies have there setups using two Choramine blaster canisters to create more time for contact to remove all of the chloramine.

Do the chloramine filters also remove chlorine? Here, in Virginia Beach, the city uses chloramines most of the time but flushes chlorine thru every now and again to "shock" the system. They (as your city may) do this without warning. If it does remove the chlorine, then no worries but if not, then I would be concerned.

I use a sediment filter, two chloramine filters, sediment, RO membrane, and then DI. If I can kep my pressure up around 60 my TDS before the DI unit unit is 1 to 2 with the incoming water over a 100. Most companies have there setups using two Choramine blaster canisters to create more time for contact to remove all of the chloramine.

great info

Do the chloramine filters also remove chlorine? Here, in Virginia Beach, the city uses chloramines most of the time but flushes chlorine thru every now and again to "shock" the system. They (as your city may) do this without warning. If it does remove the chlorine, then no worries but if not, then I would be concerned.

Yes, they do.

Back