CHRISTMAS TREE WORM ROCKS! ~Corals.com

Depends on the fish, some butterflies for example will eat them.
As far as them spreading I have never heard of it happening not with this type of worms.
They can be kept for a while if fed properly.
Also need to consider the coral because they seem to require it.
I would not call them easy.
There a nice addition to a reef.

looks so cool. Are the worms going to grow more holes? wonder if my fishes will eat the worms
Very unlikely that there would be more worms, have not heard that happening as well in the home aquarium anyway. Fish and Crabs could eat them, but we haven't had any issues with that happening here and we have plenty of both in our tanks. The coral itself is only necessary for the worms to burrow into. They seem to only burrow into certain types of corals that they're able to dissolve holes in. They just need the structure of the coral to create their tubes. If the coral doesn't do well in the aquarium, shouldn't affect the worms. Regular feeding will ensure long term success though!

I have a rock with worms, I have tangs, anthias, a one spot, cardinal fish, clowns, filefish, goby, shrimps, and they don't bother them, I caught a hermit crab eating them and bannished it to the sump, I lost a few worms but haven't lost any for about 6 months.
In the wild they spawn and if they land on the right coral they can live. I feed them a couple times a week, Brighwell phytochrome and phytoplankton and roids. Mine are on a porities coral and the coral does well in my tank, I've had them for a couple years now,

Back