CL pump recommendations please??

vdubfiend

CL pumps.. recommendations ??
Looking for about 2500-3000gph after all plumbing/head loss

what are your favorite external CL pumps for 120g bb sps tanks?
TIA

A lot depends on your pipe arrangement, use of hose barbs vs. hard pipe etc. I use an Iwaki 70 with inline chiller using four 3/4" nozzles in a 90. This setup has enough power to make a blender out of my tank and wouldn't hesitate to apply it to a 120.

On a gph/watt basis, it's hard to argue against a high flow Sequence Dart on a closed loop.

I don't understand the suggestion to use a pressure rated pump like the Iwaki unless you're planning on running eductors. IMO, you want a tank that maximzes flow at low head pressure, not a pump that's capable of delivery good flow at high head pressure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9813090#post9813090 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffbrig
On a gph/watt basis, it's hard to argue against a high flow Sequence Dart on a closed loop.

I don't understand the suggestion to use a pressure rated pump like the Iwaki unless you're planning on running eductors. IMO, you want a tank that maximzes flow at low head pressure, not a pump that's capable of delivery good flow at high head pressure.

I agree 100%.

On my 120 I am using the sequence barrcuda and on my 75 frag tank I am using the dart. I really like both and would reccomend reeflo pumps.

I really like my hammerhead. I too would recommend a reeflo. Their customer service is very good too.

Back