Cleaner Shrimp..

I've got 3 bloods in my tank. Anytime my hand gets near them while adjusting things within the tank they jump on and perform a free cleaning.

I got them about 3 weeks ago and they were very shy at first, but now they are starting to get bold!

So your shrimp do the same?

I've had a number of skunk cleaners do that over the years, but never a blood. My blood shrimp have never been too outgoing. Usually only really coming out during feedings. I just figured there was too much activity in the tank for them to come out unless incentivized by a good meal. Cool that yours are willing to be out and about though since they are such good looking shrimp!

I have both and the skunks jump on me and the bloods stay away.

I personally find it annoying when the skunks want to "help" especially when you are focusing on glue down frags.

I also have a super aggressive maroon clown. Leaves all the fish alone but strikes me continuously when I put my hand in the tank. Unbelievably annoying when you can't flinch when handling fragile SPS.

I have both and the skunks jump on me and the bloods stay away.

I personally find it annoying when the skunks want to "help" especially when you are focusing on glue down frags.

I also have a super aggressive maroon clown. Leaves all the fish alone but strikes me continuously when I put my hand in the tank. Unbelievably annoying when you can't flinch when handling fragile SPS.

A little annoying with the bloods too, Can't flinch and damage near by corals or the bloods themselves...

I have a hermit that I caught in the gulf and he climbs in my hand when I put it in the tank. I also have a very aggressive clown that strikes me repetivly when I do anything in the tank. I keep waiting for her to nip superglue when I'm gluing frags down. It's amazing how comfortable they get after awhile.

For me blood shrimps usually stay away while the peppermint and skunks come and clean my hand, pain in the butt if you try to target feed your LPs, those greedy guys steel food from themselves lol

I introduced a naso tang 6 weeks ago, a blood shrimp 4 weeks ago. The blood found his home during the day while the tang swam about. Turns out its home is just above where the tang sleeps. The naso gets massaged to sleep every night when the lights go out.

My Cleaner must be in its three week shy phase still lol. I hardly ever see any of my shrimp, unless of course there's food :D

I have a cleaner shrimp that latches onto a scopa tang once in a while and rides him around the tank like a horse for a bit. The scopa is never hurt and actually seems to enjoy it. The first time I saw that I jumped around like a kid. Lol

Back