cleaning filter socks?

pressure wash them or in the wahing machine with bleach and an extra rince cycle... air dry

I usually keep an extra set of filter socks so I can let them airdry for a few days and I am sure there is absolutely no scent of bleach.

i was using filter socks for over a year and i just dropped them in the washer with a cup of bleach. then hang them to dry for 1 day.

I stopped using them all together and im much happier, less maintenance and easier to keep nitrates down. I may use one once a month for a day just to clear some debris.

HTH

IF you use bleach smell it b4 you pt it back in the tank if you can smell it its still there rince it again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7530576#post7530576 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bebo77
pressure wash them or in the wahing machine with bleach and an extra rince cycle... air dry

Just make sure your wife is already asleep before she catches you dropping your "icky fish poop full sock thingy" into her washer... I try to wait until my wife is asleep before I wash mine the same way Bebo77 does. Don't use bleach with perfumes, etc in it. Just plain ol' clorox (or generic brand).

Back