Cleaning Outside Glass

quake120

I can just use straight undiluted ammonia on the tank glass right? j/k...:bounce3:

Is diluted white vinegar okay? I am careful not to get any in the tank, and I don't spray directly onto the glass, but spray onto a rag/paper towel and then wipe down the glass. I have a 3 1/2 year old son who likes to put his hands on the tank, so I always have smudges.

Yes vinegar and water are fine.... But i use glass cleaner and spray it on the rag. I have been doing it for over a year and all my fish are alive, I think it gets the glass cleaner then vinegar

I bought the Python Glass Cleaner (made for aquariums) back when I had a freshwater tank. I had to laugh the first time I used it, because my nose told me it contained nothing other than vinegar and water. Sucked in again! When I ran out, I kept the spray bottle, which I now fill with vinegar and water.

I think RO/DI is best, no need to have chemicals near the tank and since its so pure it latches onto grease from smudge mark. Plus have it readily available

Been using regular glass cleaner for years.
Spray on paper towel and wipe on glass. No problem.

windex here as well like others said spray it on rag away from tank then wipe glass. sometimes i will use ro/di water as well. either work

Vinegar and water in a haphazard ratio mixed in a spray bottle I picked up on impulse at Home Depot. I spray it on a rag because it seems to run down the glass faster than Windex does. It does a great job. I'll add a squeegee in when I next run across one.

RO/DI water with a splash of vinegar on a paper towel, than buff it out with a Shamwow! (it really does work well)

I love the glass cleaner that comes in a can and sprays on in a foam. If you wanted to go more natural you could use rodi water. I never had a problem with cleaner though as long as your careful.

Back