Click...click...click...in the night :(

mikersx02

Grrr..... I just heard a popping/clicking noise coming from my tank about an hour after the last of the lights went out ;(

When I couldnt sleep the other week, I was flashlight surfing in my tank and saw a glimpse of what looked like a very tiny crawdad looking thing, but it didnt look like a mantis.... I sure hope its not one....

What else clicks and pops besides a pistol or mantis shrimp?

Misled

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
If you're thinking it's not a mantis because it's not colorful, it doesn't have to be. I had a butt ugly brown one. He was very cool.

returnofsid

If it looked like a "crawdad," it was probably a pistol shrimp, but coulda been a Mantis. Those are about the only things that'll click. Although, I once had a turbo snail on a Hydor Flo unit and every time the unit would spin around, the snail would "click" on the glass.

mikersx02

haha.... I USED to have a turbo snail that liked to wedge itself against the glass the pump... would sound like a wood pecker for 20 seconds or so.... drove me and the dog nuts!

nikon187

Heaters sometimes click when they turn on and off.. Was it a single click or more than one in a row. My pistol that hitchhiked in with my liverock, usually lets out a series of clicks where the mantis in my sump usually just one ( unless i through in some crabs, then he can be quite relentless)

mikersx02

its pretty audible... not the heater.

Its usually one pop... but I head a series of 2 or 3.

I dont think it was the one I saw on the rock... he was the size of your thumb nail... this thing sounds big but I dont see him... and I dont see any snail shells that are dead under the rocks... strange.