clicking sound

illal

ok so recently ive been hearing a clicking sound every once in a while coming from my 55 almost like some one is taping on the glass with a key or something.... it has led me to belive that it may be a mantis or maybe a pistol...any thoughts????

Two thoughts. If things are coming up missing it is likely a mantis. If not then it is more likely a pistol. Both are hitchhikers. BTW have you seen the 4-5" Peacock Mantis that Pat has at Reef Life? I'd love to have a species tank for that bad boy.:thumbsup:

Probably a pistol shrimp. Look around the sand or between rocks for a burrow entrance. Let me know if you don't want it, I'll take it.

I have a pistol shrimp in my tank.
They are fast, and hard to catch. At night is when they tend to come out.

Mine is digging everywhere, I think he's building a subway or something.

I just bought a goby for my mysterious clicker. It'll either be a buddy to help him enjoy their new home or an expensive lunch.
Honestly, it's probably a pistol when it clicks I guess. And mine hasn't come out of the rock work yet. The goby will help I believe.

Gotta go acclimate.

well theres already a watchman goby in there that used to be paired up with my pistol until he got sucked into my return a few months back :/ i havnt added rock or anything for quite some time now.... come to think of it though i have had a few mystyrious deaths...guess ill have to keep an eye on it...any way to tell for sure?

Try putting a shrimp on a stick, see if anything comes out after it. There are videos of people feeding mantis like this.

I thought i had a mantis for a long time, hermit crab and snail deaths, LOUD snapping noise, but i finally saw him one night, a relativly tiny pistol shrimp! the snails and hermits fought all the time in my 30gl so they killed each other occasionaly. The only way to know for sure is to see it. I broke down the old tank and put the pistol in my 5.5gl with another pistol hoping they might mate.... havnt seen it since, my other pistol is prettier anyways, oh well. But no more snapping coming from the new tank.....

well the tank is getting broken apart in the next few weeks since im moving to the new house i guess we'll see than

Back