Closed loop recommendation for 300 gallon

Vrod2169

So my main return pump is an Iwaki 70 and an iwaki 55 (iwakis 22 yrs old) for the Etss skimmer on my 300 gallon tank. The tank has an additional closed loop system that I use to run a lifeguard 5000 but had to disconnect from leaking rings all the time many years ago. So recently started upgrading tank as I move from FOwLr setup and am introducIng softies to move more to softies, leathers and LPS slowly. Just added apex system so this is next upgrade before moving to a better sump and replacement for the iwaki 70. Was hoping to learn more at the reefapooloza show but was postponed due to the corona virus. The question is what does everyone think if I did the Neptune cor-15 for the closed system? Or maybe the smaller ecotech? The current plumping is 1 inch for this closed loop. I could put on a cycle to run during the day and then shut off at night. Is there another pump maybe? I think the cor20 might be a bit much for this application. All thoughts welcomed and appreciated! Stay safe!

I've heard people using the largest EcoTech return pumps for there closed loops, instead of one pump up to 4 pumps set to random.

Totally curious as I do not own one... Do the Reef Octopus VarioS DC pumps have a “random” mode setting for closed loop applications?

Back