Cloudy Water

TandN

I never experinced this before. My tank is so clear that you litteraly can not tell that theres water in the tank. But today its very cloudy. All parameters are in cheack nothing died. I have 2 cups of carbon in the tank that is 3 weeks old I always change it out at a month Any ideas ?????

If it matters I changed my RO/DI filters yesterday
TIA
T.

Ok I just checked my PO4 and its at .02 on my hanna but I am having a brown algae on the glass every 3 days ammonia and everything else 0 cal is at 425 alk 10.0 normally 9.0 i lowered the dosing pump. mag 1350 i dont know of anything else to think of
As for snaills spawing i have like 10 turbos and thats it

Do you add sugar, vodka, vinegar or any other carbon source? These can cause bacterial blooms that make the water cloudy. Or, Ca and Alk way out of whack can cause caco3 precipitation which can look cloudy.

no no no no lol

ammonia and everything else 0 cal is at 425 alk 10.0 normally 9.0 i lowered the dosing pump. mag 1350

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302293#post9302293 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tanya72806
Ok I just checked my PO4 and its at .02 on my hanna but I am having a brown algae on the glass every 3 days ammonia and everything else 0 cal is at 425 alk 10.0 normally 9.0 i lowered the dosing pump. mag 1350 i dont know of anything else to think of
As for snaills spawing i have like 10 turbos and thats it

Hello :)
IMO if your Turbo are big enought they might have spawned.
It's just happean to me last sunday and for a couple of hours I've got my water really cloudy .I saw that with my eyes all turbos went up to the tank and they did start to produce a lot of white liquid.some of them really squirted
:eek2: all this had a duration of around 30 minutes then they return at they cleaning job as ever....
If they are the cause there will be no prob in your tank,after a while that I saw that I did run ozone for one hour and the water returned transparent.
:)

When my alk gets above 9 I have free caco3 in the water and it is cloudy. Try taking the kalk off line for a day.

maybe it was them then Lights will be on at 3 but it does seem a lil cloudy still this will be day 2

Back