Clown fish compatibility

Muggle

So I've had an occelaris clown in my 20g frag tank for the last 3 months. I introduced a perc clown into the frag tank today and the two are not getting along. I know clowns tend to fight a bit when first introduced but the occelaris is taking a pretty bad beating. I separated them for now before things get worse. In my 58g display tank, I have a pair of percs that i've had for quite awhile (although I just had a tank upgrade so they've been in the new tank for about a week).

Anyways, the question is, would the 58g be big enough to house both the pair of percs and the occelaris?

Thanks.

Last edited:
A 58 is too small to have more than one pair of clowns.
Did you ensure the newly added clown was the opposite sex to you established one?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181628#post14181628 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BangkokMatt
A 58 is too small to have more than one pair of clowns.
Did you ensure the newly added clown was the opposite sex to you established one?

That's the thing. I'm actually not sure. I know the new one is a female, and I thought the original one was male since it's smaller. But from the way they were going at each other, I'm not sure anymore...

Yeah if it's not big enough, I'll just have to find a new home for one of them :(

Back