clown tang

evil

hope he lives more than 6 months. didn't know they were that tough when i got him.

Attachments

• DSC_7618.jpg
    DSC_7618.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
he is in a 700 gal reef. a little guy in a big tank. the sohal is his good buddy so far.

Attachments

• DSC_7644.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 0
  • DSC_7613.jpg
    DSC_7613.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_7585.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 0
It needs 8 to 10 feet of tank space. They can also be picky eaters and is supposed to be the most aggressive tang around. Mortality over 99% could be due to collection methods. THis on is from Fiji which supposed to have higher survival rate.

This two inch fish was plastered to the glass for the first 5 days then got brave and roam around the right quarter of the tank on day 6. Now on day 7 he's all over the tank and starting to chase damsel fish twice his size.

Mine was a perfect tank mate with the 4 other tangs in my 10 foot tank. That was until I added a purple tang 3 weeks ago. Now he picks on almost all of the other tangs and I will probably have to get rid of him. Really sucks cause I had this 8" guy for several years now and got him off of another reefer that had him for who knows how long. Sad day...

now that the clown tang is roaming all around the tank, the sohal is no longer his buddy and wants to eat him. the sohal is 8 inch and 40 times his body mass. hope the clown knows how to hide.

Attachments

• DSC_7609.jpg
    DSC_7609.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
FTS front left then right

Attachments

• DSC_7474.jpg
    DSC_7474.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_7490.jpg
    DSC_7490.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_7500.jpg
    DSC_7500.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Catastrophe hit my tank. The clown tang was doing perfectly eating well and getting along no sign of disease then the cleaning ladies tripped the breakers at 7 am and I had 8 dead fish by 5 pm when I get home. I want to fire those people. He was all set to cruise now he's dead.

Back