clown triggers

djtuzik

So most folks are not keen on having these guys due to aggression. Anyone have positive experience with this fish?

I've never kept one but I knew a guy who had a very positive experience keeping one in a large tank and with no tank mates.

I've never kept one but I knew a guy who had a very positive experience keeping one in a large tank and with no tank mates.

Which is what I did. Very personable and interesting fish, just not a good community fish.

most stores have there clown triggers in tanks with other fish at the store unless they are aggressive.So it gives me a chance to see them with other fish.Just cause a certain fish has a bad rep does not mean that all those types of fish are the same.I have been dealing in aggressives for 22 years and about 90% of a fish rep is not actually what is being told.And i have also had what everyone call peacfull commmunity fish, kill other fish in the tank when they are not supposed to also.

What size tanks and what tank mates did you have in with the clown triggers? Also, how big did they get?

i had everything from one inch clowns and damsels to butterflys,angels,wrasses and other triggers and tanks and lions and puffers.I had various one from 1.5" to 8".And i know people on hear that have had 10" + ones with no issues, although i don't think at that size they were with any real small fish but there was no aggression with them.Not saying you wont have a issue as with any triggers there is a chance.But from what i have found as long as you keep them well feed and lots of room and rock work they can be fine.

Back