Clownfish wedged in hole in rock

serbusfish

I have two Ocellaris Clowns, i've had them for well over two years, and today I noticed the smaller one wasn't anywhere to be seen. The fish always stay near my Gonipora, I moved the coral and saw the small fishes tail end sticking out of the rock work. I tried gently pulling with tweezers but it seems stuck, either that or its alive and resisting me I cant tell. Should I leave it as I dont know if its dead or not, or how this even happened?

I have two Ocellaris Clowns, i've had them for well over two years, and today I noticed the smaller one wasn't anywhere to be seen. The fish always stay near my Gonipora, I moved the coral and saw the small fishes tail end sticking out of the rock work. I tried gently pulling with tweezers but it seems stuck, either that or its alive and resisting me I cant tell. Should I leave it as I dont know if its dead or not, or how this even happened?

Poor little guy. I would leave him and hope for the best. Maybe if he does not eat for a couple of days he will be able to pull out of there. Good luck.

In 50 years of keeping fish, I've never seen a fish that was "stuck" in rockwork. This excludes fancy goldfish, which are man-made monstrosities, and not really fish anymore.

My idiot customers always complained that their fish died because it got sucked up by the intake of the filters.

I used to ask them, where do you think a dead fish will end up? If I drop dead right now, and fall to the floor, are you going to say the carpet killed me?

Then I would go out to my van, get my machete, and come back and chop them into pieces. No, wait - that's what I wanted to do. I never really did that. Never mind.

Well, it's dead. I really don't understand what happened. I've had my Clowns since March 2015 and as far as losing fish it happens very rarely. Will my remaining Clown be OK on its own or should I buy another? I fed the fish last night and the Clown ate just as well as he always does.

In 50 years of keeping fish, I've never seen a fish that was "stuck" in rockwork. This excludes fancy goldfish, which are man-made monstrosities, and not really fish anymore.

My idiot customers always complained that their fish died because it got sucked up by the intake of the filters.

I used to ask them, where do you think a dead fish will end up? If I drop dead right now, and fall to the floor, are you going to say the carpet killed me?

Then I would go out to my van, get my machete, and come back and chop them into pieces. No, wait - that's what I wanted to do. I never really did that. Never mind.

This is a very odd post.

Clowns do just fine on their own....or in pairs.....your choice.
Hope he was not hiding from someone/something....

This is a very odd post.

Not sure what that says about me - I laughed long and loudly at that post...

i try very hard to stay away from customers at work. good thing about being a mechanic at a dealer is you can run into the shop

I had customers who were very angry with me because their fish were found on the intakes of Aquaclear 500s. Really angry,because they were sure the filter caused the death of their fish. Really stupid.

Like anyone, I got sick of their stupidity, but really couldn't do anything about it, except write sarcastic remarks a decade later.

No machetes were used in the writing of this satire. :sad2:

Back