Clownfish with pop eye (blind)

babyduke

Just more than 3 wks ago, I noticed a huge pop eye on my clownfish so I moved it to a QT right away. I kept changing the water in QT and also added epsom salt. A week and a half ago, his other eye started to get bigger and now I'm pretty sure he's blind.

When I put in brine shrimps, he seems to be interested but not aggressively looking to eat. I've seen him eat maybe 3 in the last 3wks. Otherwise, he seems to be doing well. Is there any hope and when should I decide to just put him out of misery since he'll probably die out of hunger.

I'm surprised he's lasted this long. In the meantime, I'm keeping up with regular water change.

You should be treating with a broad spectrum antibiotic vs epsum salt to be more effective..
But it may be too late for that even.. But can't hurt to try now..
Or yep... Just flush it... But I think Stevie Wonder would say that blind things can have a good life too ;)

No.
Soak his food in garlic. Also feed him some vitamin enriched mysis and Rod's food.
You might want to order some Dr. G's Kankamycin caviar. This will be highly effective in treating bacterial infections (a common cause of popeye) and fish go nuts over it.

Back