CMAS Member Run Committees - We need your help

jcarlilesiu

The CMAS BoD is proud to announce the formation of multiple committees within the club. These committees will allow more of our members to have the opportunity to have a hands-on and controlling role in determining the direction of the club.

CMAS is no longer a small club of a handful of members where a couple of dedicated individuals are able to plan events, conduct club business, establish relationships with local, regional, and national vendors, or many of the other responsibilities necessary to run a club of this size.

Our club is truly on the cusp of being able to take our events, our charity, as well as our impact in the reefing industry to the next level. Additionally, we have heard our members, and their desire to help, and be more involved in the decision making process of the club. Not just from a volunteer position, but from a true leadership position. The newly elected BoD is gearing up to take control on January 1, and it is the BoD's desire to administer club business from more of an oversight and advisory role leaning heavily on member run committees to conduct business on behalf of the club.

It is our vision that these committees will be afford the resources, man power, and control that they need to act on behalf of the club. The BoD has voted to authorize the formation of the following committees:

Forum and Website Committee

Current Participants:
- Dave Frank
- George Fredrich
- Frankie Torres
- Dave Lawlor (Need confirmation)

Chairman and additional committee positions still open

This committee will be responsible for the online presence of the club. Both in the development of our website, advertising revenue, web forum, and member and public inter-action online. This forum will work closely with the Commercial Liaison & Fundraising Committee to work out advertising and promotion on our online forums.

It is expected that this committee will be perpetual.

Event Planning Committee

Current Participants:
- Christopher Reed (Need confirmation)
- Isaac Martinez (Need confirmation)
- Yuri Faktorovich (Need confirmation)
- Rich Thacker (Need confirmation)

The events committee will be responsible for the planning of club live and hosted events. Some of this planning will include the Marine Aquatic Conference of Illinois, Club Frag Swaps, Club Meetings & Guest Speakers, Club Parties, and Club Educational opportunities.

It is expected that this committee will be perpetual.

Commerical Liaison & Fundraising Committee

Current Participants:

The commercial liaison and fundraising committee will be responsible for establishing sound networks with local, regional, and national industry related industries including fish stores, vendors, and manufacturers. These relationships will both help us identify opportunities to grow the club's membership, assist in exposing the club to interested parties, and will help to obtain charitable contributions and educational materials from our commercial supporters. This group will work closely with the Website & Forum Committee, Event Planning Committee, and Charity Committee.

It is expected that this club will be perpetual.

Charity Committee

Current Participants:

The Charity Committee will be responsible for setting up opportunities for the club to give back to the public. Ideas for involvement include reef tanks in hospital or charity locations, club volunteering opportunities, and fundraising for donations.

It is expected that this club will be perpetual.

Articles of Incorporation Amendment Committee

Current Participants:
- Ted Horowitz (Need confirmation)
- Larry Waughon (Need confirmation)

The AoI Amendment Committee will be responsible for gathering club input and opinion on the appropriate revisions and amendments which are desired to the club's current constitution. This information will then be drafted into a legal amendment, with legal procurement at the committee's discretion, and filed with the State of Illinois to legally amendment our clubs constitution.

This committee is expected to be finite and dissolved

Here is your chance to help make CMAS the mid-west's largest and most influential club. The foundation is set, and now we need people to step up and help us build.

If you are interested in serving on any of the club's new found committees, please make a post in the appropriate Committee Formation Thread on the Club's Business Discussion.

Please contact a Board member directly with any questions.

Great Eric.

One other person has also expressed interest (and has existing standing relationship with stores and vendors). We need to get the two of you hooked up and anybody else that is interested.

If you dont mind, we have created a forum for people to volunteer on the club forum. This will be the easiest way to get people pointed in the same direction. If you could, make another post in THIS forum.

Sent from Tapatalk

Welcome to CMAS

This is Carl Kmiec, your new CMAS President. First of all I would like to welcome any
New folks to the club as well as all members that have found our new forums.

The club has a lot of plans in the coming year and we look forward to working together with
our members to truly make this club for the members, run by the members. We have a planning
Conference call scheduled for next week and all will be welcome to attend. Keep in mind that this will
be an official BOD meeting so most folks will be muted out for the duration of the business aspect of
the meeting but time will be made available for questions and possible open discussion.

Here is the information to access the inline meeting:

Sunday - January 27, 2013 at 9am

1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/539694757

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (213) 289-0017
Access Code: 539-694-757
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 539-694-757

I would also like to extend an apology for missing our January meeting. A special thanks to the members of the planning committee for making that meeting happen and doing the great job they did short notice. I had to address some issues at my fathers house in Wisconsin after the fire with contractors there. For those that did not know he was injured in a fire that started from a pilot on a stove in a garage while fueling up a leaf blower. Remember the basics: fuel in ventilated areas away from open fire or heat sources. Thankfully I was there and we were able to extinguished him and the fire saving him, my mother and the house. I sustained some burns to my hands, but all is healed up well. I'm also glade to announce that he came home Friday after a extensive stay at University of Madison hospital, he checked in Nov. 4th. He is expected to make a very near to 100% recover so thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

As many of you know I am involved in various different areas and organizations. I have always been one to step and help when help is requested. I was very straight forward with the conditions associated with accepting the role of president of CMAS and am willing to assist in the reorganization of the club with a much more member influence and ACTION. I for one will not let the club fall on the responsibility of two or three people. Either the members of this club want it to go on and will step up to make it happen or I would just assume let the club devolve. There are a ton of members and vendors that get a ton out of the club and we have to give back some of our time if we wish for the club to continue.

Major Action that needs to happen if the members want a Spring Frag Swap or an 2nd annual MACI this year are in the final plans and need to happen right now. We are also open to any ideas and suggestions the members would like to see happen to bring CMAS to the best it's been.

Any and all members or folks interested in seeing CMAS continue to be the largest and best club in the Midwest should consider this meeting Mandatory and check their available as to how they can help and be a part of this club.

See you all on the call Sunday Jan. 27th 9am cst

Hi I would like to get involved with helping out also.. Mybe with the event planning or the Commerical Liaison & Fundraising Committee, being that i currently work with a LFS that only sells saltwater fish and coral i might be able to help out a little. please let me know if you need any more info.

hi
when will be the next Swap???any one know..thank..

The next swap with be this weekend

33CAC520-5007-45E1-8CE0-35618298BFC7_zpsxqn73ybj.jpg

Back