CNN Report : Reef fishing - Indonesia

Great story. Glad to see a successful local effort there.
Everyone wins-- the fish, the coral, the fishermen, and us.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12204742#post12204742 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seapug
Great story. Glad to see a successful local effort there.
Everyone wins-- the fish, the coral, the fishermen, and us.

I socond that seapug. I'm baffled though as to why the person above us said " I don't know what to think about that." :confused:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12204878#post12204878 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OranguTang
Awesome, what were those domino's hiding in?

It was a carpet anenmone,i ve seen that in peoples tanks before.

Cool video, but very hard to believe that "One squirt (of cyanide) can kill 2-3 square kilometers of reef in about a month."

I'm a bit skeptical that 95% of fisherman still use cyanide. Sad story nonetheless. Welcome to world humans destroyed. Regards, Tim

Good video, great to see that the reef is making a comeback. I believe there is a non profit orgnisation that goes round the Globe trying to teach the locals about the reefs.

We can also help my purchasing only non-cyanide-caught fish.

My local fish store advertises that none of their fish are caught this way, which is great.

But yeah, "eco-fishing" sounds wonderful. Keep up the good work people!

If maybe we could get a couple of these people to talk to the other fisherman then im sure they will start netting the fish if it can triple income!

Back