CO2 regulators

G Santana

I recently decided to reestablish my tank after 20 yrs away and one of the first things I did was make my own calcium reactor. The next thing I did was looking into a controller and regulator. I decided to go with a Milwaukee as I have known of their equipment for some time.
What surprised me was that their regulator got seriously mixed reviews.

My questions are what have been your experiences been and what regulators do you recommend.

A lot of the complaints were from folks who had their regulators stuck in the open position and emptied out into their tanks. I don't have any experience with regulators so your help is greatly appreciated.

If you recommend a dual stage regulator, which one. Again, I have no experience and need advice.

Thanks-

There is a thread on here about building your own regulator. I followed it, had some questions and got a lot of help. Bottom line...best move ever! Super stabile co2 and alk.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I dont know how much you are planning to stock your tank. But a normal tank will have 2-3k worth of live stock. A 300$ dual stage regulator is reasonable to ensure a good performance for your system. I see a lot of reefer spend 500$ for a frag but spend 100$ on equipment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know how much you are planning to stock your tank. But a normal tank will have 2-3k worth of live stock. A 300$ dual stage regulator is reasonable to ensure a good performance for your system. I see a lot of reefer spend 500$ for a frag but spend 100$ on equipment lol

My intent of this post is for folks with experience to provide me with information regarding their experiences on regulators as I had zero. With that said, I read many reviews and wasn't impressed with customer replies and here I am.
I plan an SPS dominant tank and am willing to pay for a top end regulator all I need is direction regarding the best and more importantly the most reliable regulators.
I am very handy but for my first regulator I may just buy or have someone with the requisite experience build it for me. I currently am looking on another site where on of their reefers is known for building and selling regulators.

My question is simple, what dual stage regulators do you rely on?

Thanks!!!

I have alan le dual stage regulator and its the best regulator i have seen. My co2 consuming is 2x better than the carbon doser regulator
7a6965cc15a0ad024bbbab21d1696a39.jpg

I built my own based off a dual stage regulator body I bought from amazon, the rest of the parts I was able to get from ebay and Swagelok.
The current assortment of regulators that you find for sale online are ok for starters. However if you are planning out a sps tank then you will need reliability. This is the way to go.
I'm not 100% certain but I believe a couple of people on here might be willing to build one for you. PM is probably key.
230c6bd11b63bba302c5118102def3fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I have alan le dual stage regulator and its the best regulator i have seen. My co2 consuming is 2x better than the carbon doser regulator
7a6965cc15a0ad024bbbab21d1696a39.jpg

Does it come with a bubble counter or do you depend on an external one i.e one off of the reactor?

Thanks-

I just saw a video on of all places YouTube, and this young man put together a dual stage regulator with all stainless steel fittings and listed all parts. I think I can do this lol. I was a little apprehensive but, I don't think its beyond me.
Thanks for all of your advice!!!!

you can also dig the planted tank forum, it is virtually a complete data base for high end co2 system DIY, almost 20 years and many people have contributed to this subject.

this is was built back in 2013
E6Q8fOY.jpg

Back