coco worm curling tips of tentacles?

romsoccer12

well every once in a while my coco worm will curl all its tentacles and just looks really strange. is this normal? also, it will go really far on one side and you can see the tube.

Mine does this as well. I think that it is normal behavior, probably bringing the food trapped on the tentacles in towards its mouth.

what are bad signs of coco worms? and what are good signs? should the end of his hard shell conect to a rock because my other 2 F.D.'s did that.

depends on the size, some are big enuff and dont need to atach to a rock cause they have a hard shell, now my heather duster always stays attached

will all feather dusters someday make a hard shell? and also, can corals grow over the feather dusters tube without doing damage? i just have a bunch in a little tank and they take up a lot of room with there big tubes.

Well, I bought an individual large coco worm that was not attached to anything. I placed it in the sand, under the base of a rock to secure it. I think you are actually referring to small feather dusters are hitch hikers with live rock...very common and nothing to worry about as they will acclimate to the natural conditions of the tank. You will see them multiply or die off as your tank stabilizes.

no i just 2 large feather dusters with soft tubes and a coco worm with a hard tube. both soft tubes attached to the rock, will the cocoworm do the same? and can corals grow over the tubes without affecting the worm?

Back