Collection?

MrHarvard

"ship it"
Can someone tell me where a good spot in St. Pete is to wade and find fish for my tank. Also what should I bring and how do I go about it? What should I be able to find/catch locally? Thanks!

we have found some cool fish,crabs,cowfish etc, at the rest stop right before the sunshine skyway bridge, the east side is better, just used a net and gently run it thru the seagrass, just have your saltwater liscense and your set to go

I get my dwarf cerith snails and porcelain crabs, and the odd hermit crab or two from a park off of 54th ave s, I think it is pinellas point. It is the southeaster most point of st pete. I go at low tide if I want to catch crabs and snails but you would go at high tide if you want to wade for some fish.

Well thats sweet. Anyone want to go this weekend? Im excited and impatient. What should i bring? I have a casting net that anyone could use if they want fish.

I just read the laws... its not illegal but there is a limit on it. From what i read on the link above sps is the only one prohibited

You won't find any zoanthids that you would want in your tank. However, we do have a nice selection of ricordea.

Basically I need to take a small net and go to the skyway. Stop on the side of the road in that shallow area and just look around? Sounds like a plan! Guess I'll be there today after work..thanks for all the info!

What are the odds of finding zoas? Haha. We should take a trip down to south florida

found these a few times before actually
always after a good storm though, they usually wash up on a piece of shell or something. Usually grey with some yellow. nothing nice looking. You want nice zoas travel to indo lol

Back