coloring coral!

cutsupremetrib

In Memoriam
Hey folks I have a few blue acros some purple and many other colors what does it take to get brown corals to really color up? Ive got a couple that have been in my tank for around 6 months that havent colored up and others that have? what can I do to help?

Coral Colors

Coral Colors

Send me a list of your most recent Tests of the following and I will try to help you out:

PH
Calcium
Magnesium
Alkalinity (DKH)
Salinity
Phosphates
Amonia
Nitrates
Nitrites
Tank Temperature Range

Also what kind of:
Lighting and how old are the bulbs
Protein Skimmer and Size
Calcium Reactor (Yyes or No)
Chiller (yes or no)

Do you feed the Tank? If yes please list.

Stability is the key but everything plays a role. We'll figure it out :) Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric,
It's been awhile since we been in touch.I'm not hijacking this thread,but I'm also in this same boat.So I wanted to chime in here also.Sometimes it's best to talked to another person,on why things the way they are.I'm going to run a lot of test for you.So a lot of info will be posted here.On what I've done to TRY to correct this same effects.Some of the frags and colonies look fine.Yet others it's been a down right stuggle,as for TOTALLY coloring up.This includes all types,Acro's Monti's ect.So seem at a total stand still! as when it comes to color.I have 1 acro,where a few branches have a little color,and the other branches their is no color at all (brownish).Well, let me get on with ALL these test,and see what we got.And which direction to go.
Curt and Barbara

Some corals are just brown. Do a google search for pictures of the coral reef. Many are just brown.

Back