colt coral shrinking!!

paulbeau

Hi all

My colt coral has shrunk into itself for 3 days now! I have read they do tend to sulk. Is under t5 lights, all other corals are doing excellent! All params ok! Is it normal for them to sulk for this long or should i be concerned?

Thanks for any help

Have made no changes.
Ammonia=0
Ph=8.2
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=0.5
Calcium=410
Mag=1380
Alkalinity=11
Phos=0.03

Its probably just sulking, just make sure nothing is picking on it or there are any objects that may be bothering the coral (ex. aipstasia, coral warfare, etc)

I had this happen once to a toadstool and the toadstool did not recover. What other corals are in the tank with it and how close are they to the colt? Are you running carbon in the tank at all? If you have soft corals it is possible that you are having a softie war where some softies release toxins into the water to kill off other corals. If this is happening I would do an immediate water change and than run some carbon to help absorb the toxins. Hope this helps.

Marinemom

My colt, toadstool and devils hand leathers all do this from time to time. They stay closed for days to even a week at a time. If you dont see any physical changes in the coral like color loss, starting to peel or melt away you dont have to worry.

Back