Compatibilty- Bull Shark- FW sawfish-other

zebras and black tips get around the same size (give or take a foot) as a male bull shark and swim non stop. Why is it that I can keep those but not the bull shark?

where are you reading this? a fully grown bull exceeds 10ft, I have seen some over 12. it is true that in many overfished areas you are lucky to see them over 7 feet due to lack of food, but if you give them an optimal environment where there is no competition(fish tank) there will be nothing to keep if from growing.

well bulls like noted before are very aggressive and can't be kept with any other sharks besides lemons. But it is the sheer bulk of the bull shark. and blacktips are thinner sharks and get more around 70inches. Zebras can reach 11ft but average at 7ft. But white tip reef sharks get maxed out at 6.9ft in length. It is also that these listed sharks are "nicer" or more peaceful.

I am pretty sure that they keep or have kept bulls with brown sharks in the Dallas Aquarium. Also, the LBC aquarium is planning on introducing their bull to their shark tank. Their are dealers on this board that keep bulls with other sharks( btr, bonnet).

This subject is the best....lol.
Car Wash Special (free frozen whole Tuna so you can feed the shark while you wait for for car to dry):)JK
Billsreef is right, a circular tank is a must.
Hey they have fresh water bullsharks if Nicaragua, in Lake Nicaragua. I just think people would be fasinated with any shark, not need to get a monster like this.
Heres an idea, Nurse sharks are nice, calm, get to a good size and you can swim with them in the tank and hand feed them. Now thats a show your customers would love.

The problem with nurse and white tip reef shark is that they are very boring to the average joe when compared to a Bull.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7594392#post7594392 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ali_Z
The problem with nurse and white tip reef shark is that they are very boring to the average joe when compared to a Bull.

The average Joe can not even tell the difference ;) Truly for them, any shark will do. It's only us hardcare fish people that could look in a tank full of different species of sharks and point each one out. IMO for a large shark display, the Sand Tigers are the most impressive looking. They have very toothy smiles (more so than any of the other mentioned species), a massive look, and are very passive for a shark.

Actually the bull's are far more aggressive than the sand tigers. The sand tiger's are one of the few sharks that you would just about have to hit in the nose to get them to bite you. The bull shark will bite you just because you are there ;) BTW the public aquarium local to me has a couple of bull's in their shark tank, along with sand tigers and several other species without any problems ;)

i agree with billsreef people are going to see anything swimming in there and be attracted..you dont have to go over the top..i think a nurse shark or two would be awesome because you can hand feed...IMO you should look into Nurses if you are set on sharks..what about rays...do you like rays??

well here in the jenks aquarium they originally had blacktip reef sharks with bulls but the blacktips all disappeared as if they removed them. But I think it should be fine if they are all well fed. Since I belong to omas (oklahoma marine aquarium society) we got to go behind the scenes and the filtration for an aquarium that size is just massive. the skimmers were like 15ft high.

Sand Tigers too aggresive, Heck try pulling a bullshark out of the water down here in South Florida....lol.
Worried about getting bit?
Guess ya gonna pay for someone to service the tank too.
Better yet, get SCUBA certified and do it yourself, that way you can get the full RUSH out of the whole experience.

Hey Billsreef, how big do you think that tank is where those sharks are in?

I think most people here could try to be a little bit nicer. second i think that sharks any kind should be left in the ocean. They are big and they also like to have room to swim. I think it is like if you were in house the rest of your life how would you feel?

it worked for Pablo Escabar lol
anyway, this thread has gone on long enough I think -- the kid is gonna do what he wants anyway

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7596786#post7596786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ironsheikh
anyway, this thread has gone on long enough I think -- the kid is gonna do what he wants anyway

Ha ha, that is funny.

Ali_Z have you had any exp with fish before? sharks can and are very hard to keep alive. They need perfect water, and that is very hard with the way they eat. Poeple on this forum know what they are talking about so if your not goiong to take are advice then whats the point in askin. You have been told that Bulls wont work, so go and get a dif specie, or evn better just get a reef. Id rather see a beautiful reef aquarium then sick sharks.

bull sharks

bull sharks

I see that many different members have made their opinions known about keeping sharks in captivity. I am curious as to how many of you actually have kept or attempted to keep sharks in captivity. Since we're talking about requiem sharks in this thread specifically let's stick to those species. If any of you have kept or are currently keeping these sharks let's hear your experiences so we can apply them to Ali's situation. Please don't relay what your friend kept or your internship at the local zoo or public aquarium. I want to hear from private individuals who funded and maintained sharks on their own. If you've actually tried keeping a bull shark I surely want to hear your story.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7596786#post7596786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ironsheikh

I totally agree! He doesn't really care what anyone thinks, if he did, he'd say forget the bull and he'll stick to the smaller species for his sake and everyone else's! :mad:

Erin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7599252#post7599252 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hunter21
I totally agree! He doesn't really care what anyone thinks, if he did, he'd say forget the bull and he'll stick to the smaller species for his sake and everyone else's! :mad:

Erin

Their is a difference between caring and actually following.

Also I have asked it before and now ill ask again.

What other sharks have you kept on your own as a private aquarium that you funded and maintained?

Back