condensation inside heater

fishkeeprian

hello,

i have a newish heater and it shows some condensation inside. its not full of water just droplets ad its a bit misty.

its not very old and is used for mixing saltwater.

is this normal? im reading conflicting information.

thanks

If its stored at room temp ( can't condensate from cold) then it has a small leak id can it asap, i had one once that did that & it exploded while heating some water with live rocks luckly, i did not have my hand in the water at the time.
If it was condensation from a humid factory sealing it would have done it from the start, seriously.............. toss it for your safety, is it analog or digital? Analogs are far more prone to issues & of cheaper build especially Chinese types.
Also want to add its better to mix salt at room temp don't heat it. Even storing for future don't heat store at room temp.

If its stored at room temp ( can't condensate from cold) then it has a small leak id can it asap, i had one once that did that & it exploded while heating some water with live rocks luckly, i did not have my hand in the water at the time.
If it was condensation from a humid factory sealing it would have done it from the start, seriously.............. toss it for your safety, is it analog or digital? Analogs are far more prone to issues & of cheaper build especially Chinese types.
Also want to add its better to mix salt at room temp don't heat it. Even storing for future don't heat store at room temp.

No it's not stored in a room temperature environment, its kept in an outbuilding and bought into heat water.

Ok then it may have condensation from within when manufactured, still it could form a droplet & short out the heater. If you still feel compelled to use it treat it like a telescope & bring it indoors in a case or wrapped up in a towel, allow to come to room temps then open it to the room temp, this way no condensation should occur unless its trapped inside, i treat all my telescopes this way to protect the inner lenses, this procedure will show if its leaking or a defect in manufacturing at the factory in high humidity, either is bad news still, do not run it when your hands are anywhere near the water.

Ok then it may have condensation from within when manufactured, still it could form a droplet & short out the heater. If you still feel compelled to use it treat it like a telescope & bring it indoors in a case or wrapped up in a towel, allow to come to room temps then open it to the room temp, this way no condensation should occur unless its trapped inside, i treat all my telescopes this way to protect the inner lenses, this procedure will show if its leaking or a defect in manufacturing at the factory in high humidity, either is bad news still, do not run it when your hands are anywhere near the water.

Thanks for your replies, I've binned it and bought a new one.

Back