conflicted about clam

scarpenter

I am getting a Maxima on Tuesday. I have kept a Deresa in the past. But that was several years ago and a different tank with different lights. I currently have a 120 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. i have 2x 250 HQI MH pedants using Phoenix 14k bulbs.

parm:

Ca. 480
Mg. 1400
Alk. 10.6
Ammonia etc . 0
SG. 1.026

all that to say...i want to drip acclimate but can not QT. I want to scrub for PSnails but am concerned about taking it out if the water to do so. If i do take it out of water...do yo burp a Maxima? How?

i used to clean my Deresa out of water with a toothbrush, however the pyramid snails ended up winning when my 6 line died.

i am also concerned about his lighting needs. does anyone else keep a Maxima in the sand with 2x 250 MH on a 24 inch deep tank?

I think your lights are fine. If you can drip acclimate in a large enough bucket, you can carefully inspect with rubber gloves while the clam is submerged. It won't be perfect, but you'll at least have a good chance of spotting the pyrams.

you burp by replacing the clam in the dt and turning it in all directions a few times to loosen any possible air bubbles

Back