Congrats Dave(250g)TOTM

Congrats Beautiful tank. Glad you were able to get the meter replaced and had no problems.

Last edited:
oh wow, so basically you drilled alot holes b4 you have any corals?? is there any problem with waste build up in those holes b4 you plug it ?

any picture of holes on liverocks without any frag or coral?

Amazing tank. Just one question if you don’t mind. Do you find your turn over rate a little low or is it enough?

You can drill holes before or after, before being the easiert. No concern with stuff in the holes - they are small and could actually help with flow/circulation. I willl see if I have any better pictures of the pegging system in action.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9905838#post9905838 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nava405
oh wow, so basically you drilled alot holes b4 you have any corals?? is there any problem with waste build up in those holes b4 you plug it ?

any picture of holes on liverocks without any frag or coral?

Before I added the 2 Tunze 6100's I had about 25x turnover. I run the Tunzes at about 60% now. Tons of flow is easy in smaller tanks that is what I think so many people do it. I always find it humerous to see how much flow people have in new tanks, almost like a competition. At the same time, I feel the corals have generally responded well to the introduction to the extra flow, and I can not imagine not having them now.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9906033#post9906033 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by atty
Amazing tank. Just one question if you don’t mind. Do you find your turn over rate a little low or is it enough?

Back