controllers on a nano?

I have a Reef Keeper 2. I bought it primarily for thermostat switching to control a fan, the heater, and to shut off my lighting in extreme cases. I had a lot of temperature fluctuations prior to getting the controller because my apartment doesn't have central air conditioning. Since installing it with the fan, my temp has never shifted more than 1 degree, through both summer and winter.

I bought it about six weeks before they launched the Lite and Elite models, which was kind of a bummer.

One button to kill skimmer and filter pumps for feeding or maintenance is nice. So is digital monitoring of pH and temp.

I have both the ACJr and the the RKL. The Jr is on my Solana and the RKL is on my Aquapod 12 gal. The aquapod is pretty straight forward, only a return pump, heater, and two types of lighting. The four outlet with the RKL and the temp probe are just what is needed and nothing more. Worth the $99 compared to the cost of quality digital timers.

On the Solana, I have a skimmer, Vortech, GFO reactor, ATO and three kinds of lighting. The eight outlets, temp and pH, all come in handy. Worth the $250 for what it is able to do which is pretty much everything except web access.

So, it boils down to what your needs are - they are both good values.

For my new 120 gal setup, I am getting an Apex for Xmas :)

you can have web access on your ac jr using acserial2web, at least until you get your apex. used ac jr with ph probe are usually listed here on RC for $180 shipped.

web access on iphone safari browser (works on blackberry browser as well)
acs2wiphone.jpg

web access on iphone via iphone app
IMG_0147.jpg

Back