Controlling Jebao RW/WP via Apex worth it?

nuxx

.Registered Member
Hey everyone,

Does anyone control their Jebao pumps via their Apex?

I have 3 WP40s, 2 WP60s and one RW-20 in our tank.

I guess I'd need 3 of the adapters and an extra Apex VDM module.

http://www.fish-street.com/apex__ghl_to_jebao_rw_dc_wp_pump
http://www.marinedepot.com/Neptune_...ories-Neptune_Systems-NS3339-FITEMOAC-vi.html

Then I guess I'd have each of the 6 pumps as their own device on the Apex.

Seems nice and should allow me to turn 5 of the 6 pumps off and see what each pump is doing for placement and programming.

What programs are you guys running?

I'd love to re-create Else Mode / Reef Crest, but I know you can't make the Apex run a non-Vortech that random.

Also having 6 pumps, 2 on each end and 2 near the middle, do you think I could achieve some really random flow?

Just want to hear some experiences before I go ahead and order everything...

I have a detailed post on another forum about how I use mine. I like it a lot, it controls my two RW-8's in basically this pattern:

* At night they do left on for 120 sec then off for 60 sec, right off for 60sec, then on for 120sec This creates a nice gentle swaying motion

* During the day they sway faster, and at a higher intensity

* at 1 to 2pm they go into a high flow random mode that creates more turbulant waters

I love how they can be controlled in feedmode via the apex as well.

I run two RW4's in a 22g nano controlled by apex. I use the season table and have about 12 - 14 profiles running for mine. You can do so much with these pumps via apex.

Yes, Neptune Systems forum. There's a post by "ddfusion" who has a pretty good program for two wp40's, which you could use and expand on. That's where I started.

Yes, Neptune Systems forum. There's a post by "ddfusion" who has a pretty good program for two wp40's, which you could use and expand on. That's where I started.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Buddy over at Neptune also told me to look at Scott's thread here.

Lots to go through :)

Back