Cool Harlequin Pics....

stpauli914

I borrowed a Harlequin from Emmett a while back to help clear up my Asterina explosion. Well, he wasn't really putting a dent in them so I picked up another from FAOIS a couple weeks ago. Now the two of them are tag teaming the baby starfish and I THINK they may be SLOWLY clearing them up. Well after I put the second one in I didn't see either of them till this afternoon. They were walking across the front of the tank together with an asterina in both there claws!! Coolest thing I've ever seen in my tank. I took about 100 pictures but only got 4 that turned out decent. Hope you enjoy!!

100_7973.jpg

100_7972.jpg

100_7979.jpg

100_7997.jpg

Aaron

Very cool! Love 2 get one but my wife likes the brittle stars we have.

so did my gf, until they multiplied so much i had to scrape them off the glass like algae every day jus to see in the tank... lol

very cool pics. im gonna need a pair shortly, this starfish are insane at spreading

They don't mess with my brittle star. My Blue Linkia is in the refugium though. They are like candy to Harlequins I've heard :)

Aaron

oh btw you gotta see the rainbow acans and the acan hillae i got friday they are awesome none of the pics i take do them justice

I borrowed a Harlequin from Emmett a while back to help clear up my Asterina explosion. Well, he wasn't really putting a dent in them so I picked up another from FAOIS a couple weeks ago. Now the two of them are tag teaming the baby starfish and I THINK they may be SLOWLY clearing them up. Well after I put the second one in I didn't see either of them till this afternoon. They were walking across the front of the tank together with an asterina in both there claws!! Coolest thing I've ever seen in my tank. I took about 100 pictures but only got 4 that turned out decent. Hope you enjoy!!

100_7973.jpg

100_7972.jpg

100_7979.jpg

100_7997.jpg

Aaron

I got one to and He has been seen once a month but now I see that two can get along together I will have to get another

Thanks, Yeah, they get along great! I'm thinking of getting a third or maybe fourth :)

Aaron

Imho...I would stick with just the 2 that paired up. If you get more it will just be odd man out.

As far as breeding, they very well might. But the offspring will be food if not caught in the filtration.

Back