Cool way to mount your corals

I started doing that about 3-4 years ago and glad I did. It was a pain to pull my rock and drill a bunch of holes in them but worth it in the long run

I have to tag this. I'm getting ready to do my biggest reef yet....90 gallons (pathetic by RC standards I know), but I'm definitely excited about getting some SPS for the first time. This video looks very helpful as I have no experience with SPS coral aquascaping.

Wow I love it!!! Was going to re aquascape in about a week, glad I found this thread, thanks!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

hehe, ....pegging, it doesnt even sound good jeremy.

My BRS pukani rock is awesome for exactly this reason.

hehe, ....pegging, it doesnt even sound good jeremy.

My BRS pukani rock is awesome for exactly this reason.

Bad, very bad.

I like to break the frag plug off, and epoxy my corals in place, then the coral can encrust the epoxy and rock easier and become stable sooner.

What size tank do you think that was... How many tangs did you see in there.. And none of them were fighting....

I like the idea of pegging. I think it would make for some interesting coral shapes..

What size tank do you think that was... How many tangs did you see in there.. And none of them were fighting....

I like the idea of pegging. I think it would make for some interesting coral shapes..

It's a 300g and the aqua scape is freakin awesome.

I still use frag plugs and have a couple holes drilled in my rocks for the plugs.

Has anyone ever tried to drill the rocks while they are in the aquarium? Maybe a drill bit extension and a slow speed on the drill? I've been thinking about trying it.

Back