Coolest Slug Ever

Biggar

The Blue Dragon

Glaucus atlanticus is a species of small-sized blue sea slug, a pelagic aeolid nudibranch, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Glaucidae.

BlueDragon.jpg

Bdragon.jpg

sick slug
never seen these in any store... i saw one that was neon purple and wasnt able to find it.. never saw it again it had like a yellow stripe down the middle

Nudibranchs usually have a very specific diet. In most cases, they only eat one thing. Problem is finding out what your particular nudi eats, and supplying it.
There are some really cool looking nudis out there, but the one pictured above is the coolest one I've ever seen.

Beautiful creature! But forget trying to keep one. They feed on creatures like the Man of War. Which they the venom from their prey in their "fingers" and deliver a more power blow than their prey.

I would think in their native food's absence, they may go after certain anemones?

Nudibranchs tend to be very specialized feeders. To the point that they will starve to death if the specific food they eat is not available.

Super cool. First thing I thought of was an airplane. :)
The coloration is stunning. It looks like it is painted with metalic silver paint.

Last edited:
Back