cor 15, i got it, but can i use it?

bobt2

so I have the apex 2016 with 1 bar. I also run 2 wav pumps. the way I read this the cor 15 addition will overload the 24 volt system at more than 100 total watts. if this is true what good is it???

Depends how you are running the WAVs. If your intent is to run all of them, simultaneously, at 100% then that will not happen. However, most people are not in that boat. Most have randomized programs or inverted programs along with a dialed down output on either the WAVs or the COR. If you try and run all at 100%, the system will just scale back the WAVs as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another way to think of this is that a regular Power strip may have a 15A capacity and six outlets. Doesn't mean you can plug two hair dryers and a space heater into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my COR and was thinking the same thing on my 1link. It makes sense that if I run my WAV pumps staggered that there would not be an issue. but now I am thinking about when I storm the tank before a water change.

Can I just get a bigger 24 volt supply? will the 1 link be good? Even though my full 100% use would only be less than a minute, I like knowing i won't cause a problem.

Back