CORA Meeting - Sunday August 23rd 2PM - Member Fragging Workshop

MarineFishGuy

Capn Jack Sparrow
The concept is to have Members bring their own corals to the event and we will have tools and experienced people to assist in the fragging process.
The members will then take their frags home and let them heal for the Frag Swap in September or post them for sale on the forum.

You can find some more info in This Thread

The event will be held at the Clubhouse
Directions to Meeting Location

Quarry Club House
2101 Quarry Valley Road
Columbus, OH 43203

We will provide containers with salt water, as well as tools to frag most coral types, frag discs and super glue. Please post what you intend to bring in this thread or the one linked above so we have an idea of what tools we need.

To minimize stress on the corals you will want to bring them in a cooler to minimize temperature differences.

Even if you don't have anything to frag feel free to show up and see demonstrations of the process. Once you realize how easy it is, you will be able to give a try at home.

Yep, even if youre not bringing anything to frag, this is a good chance to get some great info regarding fragging that you can take with you for fragging stuff within your tank.

Post up if you plan on attending, and if you are bringing anything, what that may be, so we kind of know where the interest is.

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. I worked the Ohio State Fair Monday and Tuesday and I have to say it looked pretty busy. Grabbed a steak sandwich both days. Cheese, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Mmmmmmmmm. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15482303#post15482303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zeppelin

Grabbed a steak sandwich both days. Cheese, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Mmmmmmmmm. ;)
Dammit Larry now I want a Steak Sammich @ 9 in the morning!
Thanks bro :beer:

hehe, that place right outside the marketplace entrance, next to the stromboli vendor, has the BEST ones on the property, IMO. Nice and big, and soooooo tastey. :D

OK, sorry. Back on topic.......

Mmm, greasy fair food...good stuff.

I plan to bring a few of my corals that need fragged.

I have a large German Blue Digi that has a spot where it died and algae is growing on the main stem.
The dead spot occurred when it came in contact with another coral.

The rest of the colony is doing really well.

I plan to cut out the dead portion and create a few small-medium sized colonies.
The trick is trying to maintain the shape and minimize loss of tissue.

As Larry noted, everyone is welcome even if they just want to observe.

This Sunday is the workshop.
You may also get a sneak peak of an upcoming DIY meeting we are working on. So far the prototype looks pretty good.
Hope to see everyone there.

I have to work till 3:30 on Sunday but I can come to the meeting after work and bring the SECORE t-shirts to everyone that ordered them. Do you think people will be there till 4:15-4:30ish?

It depends on how may people show up. But I can hang around until then. I ordered one of the shirts.

If we do not have many people show up I can always work on the DIY ... ......... prototypes while I wait.

Hey everyone. Who is planning on making this? It will be a great time to do some fragging for the frag swap, so you have something to trade or sell.

Post up if you are coming........

secore shirts meeting

secore shirts meeting

I will not be able to make it to the meeting after work on Sunday I will have to figure out how to get the shirt to eveyone within the next month or so.

Meeting today.

I am bringing an acan lord to frag, along with a couple toadstools. Plan on showing using a dremel and diamond wheel, and the needle/thread/superglue method of mounting softies.

Yep, I am bringing a bunch of fragging supplies, there will be a few door prizes.

I also have a large mushroom rock, a Blue digi, and a large Acropora to demonstrate using Bone cutters and hammer and chisel.

With the frag swap only 3 weeks away, now is the time to make any last minute frags so they can heal up in time.

Back