Coral epoxy or putty

vsiege

Can someone recommend an epoxy or putty that can be applied to corals underwater to attach to rock work? I'm not a fan of cyanacrylate and see a bunch that are coralline colored and others that dry white. Do you have experience with applying any of these underwater as my rockwork cannot be removed. Thanks

CA gel is the best thing for securing most coral. Not sure why you're not a fan, but it's universally used for a reason.

Water Weld is a fine epoxy putty, as is just about any similar 2 part putty. I've found that it's best for securing large corals or rocks to other rocks. To come full circle, though, it sticks best when you put CA gel on both attachment points on the putty prior to pressing everything together.

CA gel is the best thing for securing most coral. Not sure why you're not a fan, but it's universally used for a reason.

Water Weld is a fine epoxy putty, as is just about any similar 2 part putty. I've found that it's best for securing large corals or rocks to other rocks. To come full circle, though, it sticks best when you put CA gel on both attachment points on the putty prior to pressing everything together.

^^^This^^^

That's how Ive done it for years Within a couple months the epoxy will get covered over with growth and disappear

Back