Coral Farmers Market this Saturday, Attending?

buddythelion

Hey there local reefers!

There's going to be the Coral Farmers Market in Sunnyvale this Saturday.

I was wondering how many folks were planning on attending the event this weekend and your thoughts on having one during these times?

Cheers,
Darwin

wow I am surprised they are allowing this. isnt everything shut down still in SC?

I am high risk(medical condition) so not worth the risk for me. Totally want to go though.

Last edited:
Hey there local reefers!

There's going to be the Coral Farmers Market in Sunnyvale this Saturday.

I was wondering how many folks were planning on attending the event this weekend and your thoughts on having one during these times?

Cheers,

Darwin
Can you post a link to it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

why did you post a link? now I really want to go. Whats up with the VIP Night? is that new? due to covid?

I would guess there will be a lot of time waiting to get in. They can only have 60 people total in the venue. Once you subtract the vendors, they are only going to let 30-40 people in at a time. That and with a one way loop with people re-entering after the loop, there will be a long line

I want to for sure, but its just not worth the risk of my health imo. I have been lucky enough to be very isolated for the last year plus(even before the outbreak) and feels its best to wait until the next one.

One way in, one way out. You missed something? Back in line and wait again. Pre-COVID, there was already a line heading into the event space and it was jammed packed once you were inside. We know we're all guilty of staring at corals at each booth and with social distancing, it's going to difficult to get some quality time inside.

LOL - some stores are following the local county rules and doing it well and others are not.

I want to go to a reef conference just waiting for pandemic to get under control and for local county rules to loosen up.

Coral Farmers Market this Saturday, Attending?

Cause buying groceries and buying coral are equally important

I disagree with that. But if it's safe enough for me to shop for groceries it's equally safe for me to shop for corals.

How can you make that distinction?

I disagree with that. But if it's safe enough for me to shop for groceries it's equally safe for me to shop for corals.

How can you make that distinction?

Its not the same thing lol.
It's necessary but not exactly "˜safe' to shop for groceries.
You'll live without attending a coral farmers market.

I want to for sure, but its just not worth the risk of my health imo. I have been lucky enough to be very isolated for the last year plus(even before the outbreak) and feels its best to wait until the next one.

If you are high risk, you really should consider not going. It's not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe most reefer want to go there if not the Covid situation, I really want to go to check out, too. But what I notice from last time, most corals vendor are from Southern California and Central valley, where Covid is still very bad there. Santa Clara just getting a little better so I hope everyone should stay home to keep it safe. Beside that, honestly ask yourself what coral that you are desperately want to risk your health and your family so you can see it in person? Also if you want to buy coral, I don't think you will save much there either. jm2c

I'm also not quite sure if the make one circle and wait back outside is a good option. I'd personally have a hard time trying to make my decision without viewing everything first.

Maybe if groups were able to come in with a limited amount of time to shop before being told to go outside? And if they'd like to continue the event, then to wait back in line. Or to keep count of people entering and exiting, just like most retail and grocery stores.

But I'd love to hear opinions regarding this on how to make the event work (since it's already happening) while being safe, maybe I can let Steve know your thoughts.

The ones at high risk or have high risk people living with them should stay home. I think that's obvious. The others who don't feel safe will never feel safe.

Steve is doing the best he can and I appreciate it. I agree that it would be better to have a few in the building at a time, but that won't be very time efficient.

Back