Coral placement suggestions on this aquascape

Marg.A.Reefer

Looking for opinions on what to plant and where to make this aquascape look great!

Attachments

• A691726A-80FA-42BC-886B-896FC739B50F.jpeg
    A691726A-80FA-42BC-886B-896FC739B50F.jpeg
    726.6 KB · Views: 20
Looking for opinions on what to plant and where to make this aquascape look great!
What kind of corals do you want to keep? That will help with suggestions. I’m enjoying following your build and will be more than happy to help where I can. You’re off to a great start.

BTW, I know I commented on that rock in another thread. Where did you get it and is it live rock, aquacultured or what? It looks awesome.

It’s looking really good. As mentioned it’s really going to depend on what type of corals you want to keep. Generally your SPS will go up top with softies and LPS on the bottom and middle.

BTW, I know I commented on that rock in another thread. Where did you get it and is it live rock, aquacultured or what? It looks awesome.
Yes it’s live rock from @Maxreef in Bridgeport CT

I was thinking of doing some zoas on that flatter surface (left side of picture mid way up)

Then either some sort of chalice perhaps in the corner and I really like torch style corals

My question is finding easy corals to use for a first tank grower

It’s looking really good. As mentioned it’s really going to depend on what type of corals you want to keep. Generally your SPS will go up top with softies and LPS on the bottom and middle.
I was thinking of doing some zoas on that flatter surface (left side of picture mid way up)

Then either some sort of chalice perhaps in the corner and I really like torch style corals

Sounds good so far. Maybe a Toadstool or Nepthea species. Of course, Ricordea are always nice too.

Back