Coralife Salt Creep Eliminator

i wouldnt get it. I dont know if its something you add directly into the water or not (if it is, then i definately wouldnt get it) but if you're having lots of salt creep...do you have a bubbler? do you have splashing? anything like that is gonna cause lots of creep (specially a bubbler which is hwy they shouldnt be used in saltwater.

Im just investgating, i still have stuff to get before i get my tank up, most importantly the lights...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8060667#post8060667 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sir_dudeguy
i wouldnt get it. I dont know if its something you add directly into the water or not (if it is, then i definately wouldnt get it) but if you're having lots of salt creep...do you have a bubbler? do you have splashing? anything like that is gonna cause lots of creep (specially a bubbler which is hwy they shouldnt be used in saltwater.

Wow, might help to research before giving advice about something you don't know about......

I didn't find it helped with anything, I had a issue with salt creep and my heater cord since it was by my skimmer output. I still had to clean it off once a week. Wasn't as bad, but then again it's not like I was doing a scientific comparison either.

It sounds more like a rust inhibitor (like WD-40, I think) than anything that would reduce the rate of salt deposition. I don't see off-hand how to accomplish that other than reducing tank spray. If you were using some metal equipment near the tank, it might be useful. I wouldn't let it get into the water column.

Coralife Salt Creep Eliminator contains corrosion-blockers and rust-inhibitors which effectively eliminate salt creep and protect equipment from future salt damage.
Well it says spray on, i see it online $6.99 so its fairly cheap, i wonder what chemicals are in it.

Back