Coralife T5 vs Current Orbit Marine LED

chrisbenavides

24 Inch Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lamp High Output Fixture vs 24-36 Inch Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light

I'm getting ready to make the purchase. I think I've narrowed it to these two (due to budget). I'm only planning on keeping soft corals, mushrooms, leathers. Currently using an older coralife PC 130w fixture. I'm sure any of these two will be an upgrade.

Tank: 20g (24"L by 14"H)

Thoughts?

The t5 unit will need new bulbs. Watching the marketplace on here could score you a good fixture at a decent price.

I just read so many mixed reviews for the Current Orbit LED. I'm only planning on keeping soft corals, mushrooms, leathers and would like the slimmer look of the LEDs, but reading that they're not even bright enough for that. Just confused.

Thanks. I'll check out the marketplace.

Looking at the AquaticLife T5 HO 4-Lamp Light Fixtures w/ Lunar LEDs. Seems like this fixture gets better reviews. Anyone use this fixture?

Reconsidering the Aqua Illumination Nano LED Module, but was told by someone here in a previous thread that the mount would not mount properly on a tank with a rim. Thoughts?

Reconsidering the Aqua Illumination Nano LED Module, but was told by someone here in a previous thread that the mount would not mount properly on a tank with a rim. Thoughts?

I saw a tank where they DIY'ed a post in the rear of the tank that they attached the nano stand to. It didn't look complex. If you like DIY projects, I'd go for it if I was you. That light looks pretty nice.

Back