Corals for rent ?

I know of some places that will set up a tank and maintain it, come in and do cleaning, stock it with fish and corals. I also know of some pet shops selling the rubber corals that don't die on you.

that might be cool, but for it to work you would have to pay a deposit that is a little more then what it normally would cost plus the monthly fee or w/e so you might as well buy it :p why would you want to rent a coral anyways?

you mean something like ren a center??:confused:

why would you pay rent or a coral. let say $5 a month when you can get frags.

rentin a coral y like renting a dog? I don't think some LFS will do that.

I know from places that build show tank and they rent that. but is only for exsivitions and stuff like that. but seriously you don't have the money to buy a frag? I bet you do.

:eek2:

as everyone else stated there prob. isn't a place that does rent coral or LR as it would be way to much of a hassle. frags are cheaper then if you were to rent it.

why would you want to rent corals and LR for anyway?

That would be good if someone rented out the whole system corals and all kept the maintace up just come by for the weekly check up make some frags to sell and pick up the rent money

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9763139#post9763139 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 0 Agios
Is there a store like "rent a coral" or "rentacoral.com" ???

Guess he's not taking the hint fella's. I've never heard of anyone are anyplace for that matter "renting" corals or rock. Ever notice how many movies go back to blockbuster either broken or scratched beyone being able to watch the dvd? What the heck do you think the average hobbyist is going to do to "rental" corals. And as it was already mentioned, the cost would be so much higher than just buying the coral to begin with. Corals are livestock, livestock are pets, I havn't heard of any pet rental places either.

I know that my LFS will take frags of coral for store credit... so you can eventually re-coup the cost of the corals you buy from them by becoming a supplier for them. That's sort of like renting.... sort of. If you have a club of reefers near you, it wouldn't be hard to swap corals with them... a small bit of quickly growing coral can start of an entire reef tank. I've a frag of green star polyp that has doubled in size over the course of a couple months. At that rate it will cover most of my live rock by the summer of '08. If you want some, check me out next summer... it'll be free to a good home.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9765939#post9765939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sunfish11
I can rent you some corals/live rock for a very reasonable price...:D
ok now we are talking.... how much for some brai corals for a week and some live rock, about 10 pounds.?:confused:

I]ll rent out live rock for $8/pound/week and some beautiful, hardy softies, which sway in the current for $50 each per week.

ok now we are talking.... how much for some brai corals for a week and some live rock, about 10 pounds.?

I am fresh out of brain coral. Sadly they are already out on lease... I can get you 10lbs at 7.99 per lb per week coral will have to be negotiated on a case by case basis. Just a guess would be minimum of $10 per day per polyp. A securty deposity of your firstborn child will be required. Naw, just kidding, rental will be paid in advance and a security deposit equal to the retail value (fully refundable upon return of the rock and coral) will need to be paid, in advance. Shipping to be paid by the lessor.

It would be a pleasure to do business with you :beer: When will you need the coral?

;) Lisa

I can rent you live rock for 7.49 per pound for every 6 days, Ill also let you hold half of my torch coral for 10 bucks every 5 days, clean up crew comes with it for free

Back