Could Acro pest drugs ruin a skimmer?

Covey

Well Melev and the other dozen of you guys that have gotten AEFW lately have scared me in to setting up a proper Acro QT. I've got a 20G tank and some t-5Ho lighting but I was planning to get a small skimmer to run on the tank. I was either going to get the small Coralife skimmer or something possibly fancier. I was wondering if any of the drugs for Redbugs or AEFW would ruin the QT equipment for later use as a full reef. Kinda like the way copper will keep leeching out of a system even after you think it is removed. Would any of thing like Interceptor, Fluke tabs, or TMPCC has any lasting effect on the equipment?

Naw, not that anyone has done a study on. I've used the lot - not copper - and my skimmer still hums.

I know the skimmer would still work but I was wondering if the chemical leech into it and would then leech back out if used on a full reef(not QT).

the only one that I dont know about is Fluxe tabs since I cant find them here but they dont do anything to the skimmers and can still be used for a reef tank later. A lot of poeple have treated for redbugs using interceptor and had no issues with the skimmer not working. I've used my CSS65 on a qt tank and used TMPCC with it and turned around and set it up as a reeftank with no ill effects.

Back